Research School for Socio-Economic and
Natural Sciences of the Environment
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question, please check if you can find the answer below. If not, please use our contact form to contact us.
- I am very interested in the SENSE PhD programme. Could you give me information, how to apply?
The SENSE Research School is a partnership of nine Dutch universities. Every university has its own admission criteria and procedure, so we cannot give a general answer to this question. For more information about admission, please consult the websites of our partner institutes: http://www.sense.nl/organisation/partners
- Is there a scholarship for PhD candidates?
We have collected some funding opportunities at http://www.sense.nl/education/funds
- I had a TSP on the SENSE website, but I cannot login anymore. What should I do?
In June 2014 SENSE moved to a new platform - this website and a secured environment: http://myportal.sense.nl/. The login and password of the former platform cannot be used here!
- If you did not make a backup, please mail to email@example.com to retrieve a copy of your TSP in pdf.
- If you want to apply for your SENSE diploma based on your TSP on the old website, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for a SENSE Diploma application form.
- If you want to update your TSP based on your TSP on the old website, please create an account on the new platform http://myportal.sense.nl/, subscribe to the PhD Roadmap and download the newly developed TSP form in fillable pdf format.
- If your TSP was not approved yet, you can submit it for approval.
- If it was already approved, you can store it locally and adjust it whenever you want.
To save you time, the new TSP form is also your SENSE Diploma application form: at the end of your PhD you only have to add information concerning your graduation and send it to us.