Research School for Socio-Economic and
Natural Sciences of the Environment
Links to relevant organisations
- PRIDE Network, the first international network for Professionals in Doctoral Education
- Professional PhD Program van Promovendi Netwerk Nederland, om je te oriënteren op carrièremogelijkheden buiten de wetenschap
- SmartScienceCareer, to help you understand your career options and make smart choices as you develop
- The Center for Career & Development of KNAW is there to answer all your questions about career development and training.
- BoussinesQ Center for Hydrology, Dutch and Belgian scientific hydrology centre, for research and education
- Climate-KIC, Knowledge & Innovation Community
- Earth System Governance Project, the largest social science research network in the area of governance and global environmental change
- Ecosystems Knowledge Network, a resource for anyone wanting to share knowledge or learn about the practical benefits of an ecosystems approach
- eScience Center, Dutch national center of excellence for the development and application of research software to advance academic research
- European Climate Adaptation Platform
- Future Earth, an ambitious new international research initiative for global sustainability. See also the Future Earth Facebook page.
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), an international scientific institute that conducts policy‑oriented research into problems that are too large or too complex to be solved by a single country. See also the IIASA research blog: Nexus.
- Kennisnetwerk Milieu, network of graduates Environmental Science programme Wageningen University
- Scientists in Conversation with Society (KNAW) offers workshops, presentations, tailor-made advice and access to a network of scientists with experience in science communication
- Nederlandse Hydrologische Vereniging, Dutch hydrological association for professionals and interested parties
- Nederlandse Vereniging ter Bevordering van de Meteorologie, Dutch association for the promotion of Meteorology
- Netherlands Centre for River studies, cooperative alliance between all major Dutch institutes for river studies
- News Alert of Science for Environmental Policy of the EU
- Polar Prediction Project, to promote cooperative international research enabling development of improved weather and environmental prediction services for the polar regions, on time scales from hours to seasonal
- Ruisdael Observatory, consortium of researchers from Dutch universities and other knowledge institutions
- The Economics of Ecosystems & Biodiversity (TEEB), a global initiative focused on drawing attention to the economic benefits of biodiversity including the growing cost of biodiversity loss and ecosystem degradation. See also the TEEB blog: Bank of Natural Capital.
- The Integrated Assessment Society (TIAS), a not-for-profit entity created to promote the community of inter-disciplinary and disciplinary scientists, analysts and practitioners who develop integrated assessment
- The Netherlands Ecological Research Network (NERN), network of Dutch ecologically oriented graduate schools, universities and institutes
- VVM netwerk van milieuprofessionals, a Dutch network for professionals in the broad field of Environment
- Young Earth System Scientists community (YESS), an interdisciplinary community among and for early career researchers from Earth system research institutes and universities across the globe