Research School for Socio-Economic and
Natural Sciences of the Environment
Links to relevant organisations
- Climate-KIC, Knowledge & Innovation Community
- Earth System Governance Project, the largest social science research network in the area of governance and global environmental change
- Ecosystems Knowledge Network, a resource for anyone wanting to share knowledge or learn about the practical benefits of an ecosystems approach
- European Climate Adaptation Platform
- Future Earth, an ambitious new international research initiative for global sustainability. See also the Future Earth Facebook page.
- Initiative on International Environmental Governance towards Rio+20, an initiative by the Earth System Governance Project
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), an international scientific institute that conducts policy‑oriented research into problems that are too large or too complex to be solved by a single country. See also the IIASA research blog: Nexus.
- Kennis voor Klimaat/ Knowledge for Climate Research, Nationale Klimaatonderzoeksprogramma's
- Kennisnetwerk Milieu, network of graduates Environmental Science programme Wageningen University
- News Alert of Science for Environmental Policy of the EU
- Polar Prediction Project, to promote cooperative international research enabling development of improved weather and environmental prediction services for the polar regions, on time scales from hours to seasonal
- PROVIA, programme of research on climate change vulnerability, impacts and adaptation
- The Economics of Ecosystems & Biodiversity (TEEB), a global initiative focused on drawing attention to the economic benefits of biodiversity including the growing cost of biodiversity loss and ecosystem degradation. See also the TEEB blog: Bank of Natural Capital.
- The Global Carbon Project, a project to develop a complete picture of the global carbon cycle, including both its biophysical and human dimensions together with the interactions and feedbacks between them
- The Integrated Assessment Society (TIAS), a not-for-profit entity created to promote the community of inter-disciplinary and disciplinary scientists, analysts and practitioners who develop integrated assessment
- The Netherlands Ecological Research Network (NERN), network of Dutch ecologically oriented graduate schools, universities and institutes
- UNEP Global Environmental Alert Service (GEAS), a mechanism for identifying, selecting and communicating early warning information on emerging issues to decision makers
- VVM netwerk van milieuprofessionals
- Young Earth System Scientists community (YESS), an interdisciplinary community among and for early career researchers from Earth system research institutes and universities across the globe