This meeting is open to young researchers from PBL and SENSE (limited places available).
- 9:30 - Coffee & Registration
External visitors are registered (remember to bring your identity card for access to the PBL building)
- 10:00-10:15 - Introduction
PBL Young and SENSE introduce themselves and the event
- 10:15–10:40 - Keynote 1
Dr. Meike Morren (VU) on Data Quality: Unlock data possibilities -- How to get more out of data collection, analysis and inference
- 10:40–11:00 - Q&A
- 10:00–11:35 - Keynote 2
Filip de Blois (PBL) on Data communication: Data visualisation and infographics at PBL -- From research to design
- 11:35–11:50 - Q&A
- 11:50–12:00 - Break
Time to get (re)organised and move to the lunch
- 12:00–12:30 - Lunch
- 12:30–13:00 - Speed date
PBL Young/SENSE members get to know each other
- 13:00–14:00 - Break out 1
Data Quality Issues Anonymous: participants talk about data sets they work with, their issues with data and ways in which they resolved this.
- 14:00–14:15 - Break
- 14:15–15:15 - Break out 2
Bring Your Own Graph: participants bring a printed version of a graph they made. Their neighbour explains what it says, and there is room to discuss other ways of presenting the same data. Potentially room for drawing graphs based on pre-determined small dataset. No laptops allowed.
- 15:15–15:30 - Break
- 15:30–16:30 - Recap/Plenary
Bringing together reporting from break out sessions, discussing results with all participants and looking ahead.
- Option 1. If you are a SENSE PhD candidate and you already have a SENSE portal login, then you can register (after login) HERE
- Option 2. If you are a PBL junior researcher and you do NOT have a SENSE portal login, then you can register HERE
Organizers / Contacts
- Maarten van Schie (PBL Young)
- Erick Velazquez (IVM, VU -- SENSE PhD Council)
Should you have any questions, please send your message to: email@example.com