- Organisation & People
- Research & Publications
- PhD Programme
- PhD Roadmap, TSP & Diploma
- PhD Graduations
- News & Events
Explore, understand and utilise sustainability, the different concepts, objectives, indicators and methodologies.
To date, many different scientific concepts and approaches of environmental sustainability exist. What are the differences? What do they entail? How can you achieve sustainable development? How can you apply sustainability in your own research? Moreover, what is your role as a scientist and how can you deal with facts, insecurities, values and opinions?
This course will enable you to grasp sustainability and to apply concepts and approaches to your own research.
|Target group||The course is meant for PhD candidates, MSc students of the SENSE Honours Programme, and other scientists who want to understand and achieve sustainable development and innovation, and are interested in ways to incorporate sustainability in their research.|
|Intended credits||2 ECTS|
|Course fee||• SENSE/PE&RC/WASS PhDs with TSP: €240 (early bird) / €290|
• Other PhDs, postdocs and academic staff: €480 (early bird) / €530
• Participants from the private sector: €1000 (early bird) / €1050
|Cancellation conditions||• Up to 4 (four) weeks prior to the start of the course, cancellation is free of charge. |
• Up to 2 (two) weeks prior to the start of the course, a fee of 50% of the full costs will be charged.
• In case of cancellation within two weeks prior to the start of the course, a fee of 100% of the full costs will be charged.
• If you do not show at all, a fee of 100% of the full costs and a fine of 100 euro will be charged.
|Lecturer(s)||Prof.dr. Bert de Vries|
Prof.dr. Rik Leemans
Ir. Jan Paul van Soest
Drs. Miriam van Gool
Dr. Barbara van Mierlo
|More information||Johan Feenstra|
tel: +31 (0) 317 48 4836
|Registration URL||Go to registration form|
|Registration deadline||Update 27 February 2017: still some places available!|