Application deadline: 21 March 2019
He/she is a geologist specialized in sedimentology, in the studies of sedimentary transports (source@sink), sedimentary and weathering processes of the continental plateform.
He/she will bring new scientific constraints and will be able to lead a global reflection on the evolution of these "littoral" environments face modern and future natural and anthropogenic forcings.
He/she will strengthen the technical collaborations (measurement tools development) and scientific (geophysics, geotechnics, geochemistry, hydro-sedimentary modeling, biology, etc ...), internally at Ifremer and with the university partners and research organizations. external research.
He/she will strengthen the technical (measurement tools development) and scientific (geophysics, geotechnics, geochemistry, hydro-sedimentary modeling, biology, etc ...) collaborations, internally at Ifremer and with the universities and external research institutes.
- He/she develops in the laboratory the characterization and the quantification of the sedimentary processes allowing a quantitative approach of the land-sea transfers.
- He/she leads a brain storming within the LGS and Ifremer on the cumulative effects of anthropic and climatic impacts on the littoral zone, up to the slope;
- He/she will have a contribution to the actions of support to the public policies
- He / she proposes and integrates research programs involving sea-based campaigns on coastal and offshore vessels in the framework of regional, national and international cooperations;
- In a holistic approach, he/she integrates acoustic (bathymetric, seismic, sonar) and sedimentological (sampling and analysis) data for high impact international scientific publications;
- He/she participates in the evolution of tools, approaches and concepts of geology / sedimentology.
Collaborative work environement
- He/she will collaborate strongly with the researchers of the Laboratory of Geodynamic and Sedimentary environment and of the Marine Geoscience research unit (geologists, sedimentologists, palaeo-oceanographers, geodynamicists, geochemists) .
- Within Ifremer, He/she will be involved in a strong collaboration with RBE and ODE departments, to lead the reflection on the cumulative effects of anthropic and climatic impacts in the coastal zone.
- He/she will develop research projects within local (University of Bretagne Occidentale), national, European and international scientific cooperations and also with industrial partners, combining specially disciplines and expertises which are not developed in Ifremer
- PhD in the field of marine geosciences,
- Professional experience appreciated (post-doctoral or industrial).
Fields of expertise
Technical expertise / know-how
- Solid experience in geology/sedimentology of shallow offshore, and/or in processes of sedimentary transports.
- Aptitude in the processing and interpretation of sedimentary data (seismic data, cores, drills).
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written)
- Publications in international journal
- Self-motivated, organized, sense of responsibility
- Leadership skills
- Attracted to multi-disciplinary team work and ocean-going expeditions
- The desire to explore new approaches in the field of basin geology and modelling.
> More information