Application deadline: 30 April 2019
Industrial ecology studies the society’s metabolism to design sustainable solutions. Within this position, quantitative analysis of industrial ecological principles is coupled to governance solutions.
- •Develop courses and teach within the new MSc Governance of Sustainability programme the knowledge and skills related on resources management and its governance. This implies teaching concepts of e.g. material flows through society and the link to sustainability issues, circular economy and tools to quantify these and link these concepts to the governance of resources. Courses will be co-taught will colleagues that are experts in the field of governance;
- •Supervise (BSc and) MSc students in their thesis work;
- •Establish your own research line within the topics mentioned above – complementary but connected to ongoing research lines within the department of Industrial Ecology of CML, leading to successful acquisition of research grants and publications in leading scientific journals.
- (willingness to attain within two years) A University Teaching Qualification (UTQ; BKO in Dutch);
- Strong communication and teaching skills;
- Interest in teaching within a transdisciplinary context;
- A doctorate in industrial ecology , sustainability or environmental sciences or a related field;
- Proficiency in English (writing and oral);
- Quantitative skills in data analysis and modelling;
- A proven interest in the interaction between sustainability and society;
- Proven acquisition capabilities.
> More information