Application deadline: 11 August 2019
The Environmental Economics and Natural Resources Group of Wageningen University is looking for an enthusiastic lecturer (Docent 3) with a broad interest in environmental economics.
Your role and tasks
- In close coordination with the Chair of the ENR Group and its Education Coordinator, you will teach, and/or organize several of our Bachelor and Master courses in English, such as ‘Environmental Economics for Environmental Sciences’ and ‘Principles of Climate Change Economics and Policy’;
- You will supervise and grade students’ papers and exams related to the courses you teach;
- You will supervise Bachelor and Master theses and internships and contribute to the examination process of MSc and BSc students;
- As part of the ENR Group, you will be one of the contact persons for prospective Bachelor and Master thesis students;
- You will assist in building and sharing digital learning environments for courses in environmental economics, and will support the ENR Group’s continuous commitment to innovation in education and learning.
- A Master’s or PhD (preferable) degree in environmental economics or a related field;
- Affinity with and preferably proven experience in teaching environmental economics;
- A real passion for providing inspiring education to BSc and MSc students;
- Enthusiasm for lecturing and supervising international and interdisciplinary students from diverse study programs;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both with students and academic staff;
- Fluency in English;
- A strong team player.
This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
More information: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies/Show/Lecturer-Environmental-Economics.htm